The Realm Of BloodLust

Welcome To The Realm Of BloodLust

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Indeed, in many ways, Joao is still just a kid who likes to doodle.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lynk2510
BloodLust DeathKnight

PostSubject: Indeed, in many ways, Joao is still just a kid who likes to doodle.   Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:02 pm

or at Folha — are a little worried. He says Folha may be putting too much pressure on him.
Enlarge
Juan Forero /NPR

Joao Montanaro works on a cartoon in his studio with his father, Mario Barbosa. He says his fascination with cartoons began when his dad showed him several anthologies featuring Brazil's best cartoonists when he was younger.

"OK, he is 14, it's a massive experience, it's incredible, but he should play some football and date girls," he says.

Joao's big day is Friday, the day he has to work on his cartoon for Saturday's paper.

He sketches out two, three or four mock drawings and sends them to the paper for review. From those, editors choose the cartoon for the next day's editorial page.

Joao says what drives him is the absurdity in Brazil's rambunctious politics, or the news of the day.

On a recent afternoon, he worked on "The Wave" — a sketch of the tsunami that hit Japan, based on a famous 19th century Japanese print.

"Everyday I draw," he says. "I have a sketchbook, and I sit and draw something."

yachting rhodes
injury attorney portland oregon
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Page 1 of 1