Share | 

At Folha's bustling newsroom

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lynk2510
BloodLust DeathKnight

PostSubject: At Folha's bustling newsroom   Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:01 pm

y bigger than you," he says.

Joao's fascination with cartoons began on his father's lap. Mario Barbosa had some anthologies featuring the best in Brazilian cartooning. Joao was too young to understand the political messages, but he took to the art form.

"My dad ... had books with cartoons of that guys, and I see the books, and I love it," he says.

We brought him with this idea to show that, yes, young people also read newspapers, also are smart, are clever, can show their ideas in this space.

- Mario Kanno, art director at Folha

And, in time, he began to discern the political messages from the greatest Brazilian cartoonists — Arnaldo Angeli, Glauco Villas Boa and others.

All of them are cartoonists at Folha — a 90-year-old broadsheet paper long known for its cartoons and illustrations.

New, Fresh Ideas

At Folha's bustling newsroom, art director Mario Kanno says editors saw something new and fresh in Joao's work.

He'd already been working at Folha's kids' newspaper, Folhinha, for two years.

"We brought him with this idea to show that, yes, young people also read newspapers, also are smart, are clever, can show their ideas in this space," Kanno says.

Joao belongs to a family that devotes lots of time to the arts. His little brother, Felipe, is learning to dominate the guitar, and Joao's twin, R
yachting rhodes
injury attorney portland oregon
Back to top Go down
View user profile

At Folha's bustling newsroom
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Realm Of BloodLust :: Player Forums :: Introduce Your Self-
Jump to: